Harvey's Bloody Head
Harvey and I were surfing this afternoon at a secluded beach. A large wave crashed down on Harvey, his board flew up, and landed on his head. He came out of the ocean bleeding profusely.
The other people at the beach were extremely helpful. One girl had gauze and disinfectant. A guy with a boat brought us back to San Juan del Sur and called his doctor friend.
We were instructed to wait for the doctor at the poshest hotel in all of San Juan, Pelican Eyes. Harvey, Hillary, and I waited there in our bathing suits.
The doctor stitched Harvey up rather quickly, and with no anaesthetic (but some ice to numb the cabeza). Harvey sat through the whole surgery rather stoically and we were all proud of him.
Now we will have a nice meal and head back to Majagual.
In other exciting news, my mum is coming to travel in Nicaragua with me for a week, starting July 22nd!

1 Comments:
Got your post. Having trouble reading your whole blog - think it's the comp I'm on. Had a fantastic time in the Sierra Nevadas and now off to Norway tomorrow. Friend has entrusted her car to me for the day and I am driving around chanting 'drive on the right, on the right...' Enjoy the rest of your trip and greaqt to hear you're Mum's joining you for a stint!
Post a Comment
<< Home